Skagit Valley Organic Produce
Rabbit Fields is a small certified organic farm situated on the fertile alluvial fan of the Skagit River. Driven by young enthusiastic energy and a passion for sustainable living practices, Rabbit Fields is dedicated to providing fresh, local, organic produce to our community, while preserving and maintaining its farm land.
Fresh Bean Salad
- 1 clove fresh garlic–minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional–shallots or sweet onion
- Bag of farm fresh beans
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add beans. Cook until softened but still firm (about 4 minutes) and dump beans in a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and shake off excess water.
In a medium bowl thoroughly mix olive oil, juice, and desired seasonings well with salt and pepper. Add green beans, shallot, olives, and parsley, and mix well. Chill at least an hour before serving.
Simple Asian Green Salad
- One or more of the following greens: bok choy, tatsoi, mizuna, pea shoots, spinach
- ¼ cup vinegar of choice–rice recommend
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 t toasted sesame seed oil
- Optional–sesame seeds
Wash and place greens in a bowl before setting aside. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Toss the dressing with the lettuce and serve.