Rabbit Fields is a small certified organic farm situated on the fertile alluvial fan of the Skagit River. Driven by young enthusiastic energy and a passion for sustainable living practices, Rabbit Fields is dedicated to providing fresh, local, organic produce to our community, while preserving and maintaining its farm land.
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 Spring onions (chopped
- 1 large can Tomato sauce of choice
- 1 bunch Basil (chopped)
- 3 Zucchini (sliced lengthwise to be about 1/8 inch thick)
- 15 ounces Ricotta
- 16 ounces Mozzarella (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Over medium heat, saute onion and garlic for about 3 minutes. Add the meat and cook until brown. Pour in tomato sauce and basil. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
In a bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, 12 ounces mozzarella and egg.
Arrange zucchini slices into the base of a 9×13 baking dish. Layer with half of meat sauce and cheese mixture. Repeat layering and top with final layer of zucchini slices.
Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Potato Turnip Fritters
- 1/2 pound Potatoes (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 bunch Turnips (cut into 1/4 inch cubes)
- 1/2 bunch Green onions (chopped)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup Flour of choice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- High heat cooking oil (grapeseed or avocado recommended)