Basil Bean Salad
- 1 pound Bean of choice (ends trimmed)
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 1 bunch Basil (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Vinegar of choice (red wine recommended)
- 3 tbsp Oil of choice (olive recommended)
- Grated romano cheese to taste
- 1 tsp Salt
Stir salt into a large pot of water. Bring to a boil and throw in beans. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain into a colander and rinse with cool water.
In a bowl combine shallots and vinegar. Gradually, mix in oil and add the basil. Toss in beans and stir until they are well coated. Mix in cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Grilled Potatoes and Spring Onions
- 2 pounds Potatoes (quartered)
- 2-3 Spring onions (sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt & pepper to taste