Sesame Ginger Bok Choy
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil of choice
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound Peas (snap or snow recommended)
- 1 Bok choy (leaves separated)
- 1/2 cup Stock of choice (veggie or chicken)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds (optional)
In a frying pan, heat the cooking oil over medium high. Once hot, add ginger and garlic. Cook about a minute. Stir in bok choy and peas until they are well coated with oil. Stir fry for 30 seconds. Pour in stock, cover and let stand for 2 minutes. Drizzle on sesame oil and seeds.
Dill Potato Salad
- 1 pound Potatoes
- 1 bunch Garlic scapes
- 1/4 pound Peas (snap or snow recommended)
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Oil of choice (olive recommended)
- 1/2 Lemon (grated for 1 tsp zest and squeezed for juice)
- 2 tsp Vinegar (rice recommended)
- 1/2 bunch Dill
- 1/2 bunch Green onions (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Place potatoes and garlic scapes in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Simmer about 5 minutes, or until scapes are tender and remove them from water. While potatoes continue to boil, chop the scapes into 1/2 inch pieces.
Once you can pierce the potatoes with a fork add the peas to the water and simmer 1-2 minutes more. Drain potatoes and peas into a colander. Use tongs to pull potatoes out onto a cutting board and rinse peas with cool water.
While the potatoes cool, whisk mayonnaise, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a small bowl. In a large bowl, mix vinegar with 1 tsp. salt and stir to dissolve.
When the potatoes are cool cut them into 3/4 to 1-inch pieces. Toss the potatoes in the vinegar/salt mixture and then stir in about half of the dressing. Add scapes, peas, green onions, dill and remaining dressing.