Potato Cauliflower Chowder
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 3 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 Farm fresh cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 2lbs Farm fresh potatoes (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 6C Broth of choice (chicken or veggie)
- ½C Heavy cream
- 2T Butter
- 3 Pieces of bacon (optional–chopped)
- Cheese of choice (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
In a large pot over medium heat cook the bacon pieces until golden brown. Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the pot and cook while stirring for 1 more minute. Stir in the cauliflower florets, potatoes as well as the broth and bring to a boil.
Turn the heat down to a low simmer and cook about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower and potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Blend the contents of your pot until mostly smooth.
Stir in the cream, butter, and any desired spices such as salt and pepper. Top with desired cheese, cilantro and any additional bacon.