- 1C Yogurt (greek recomended
- 1 Farm fresh cucumber (seeded, finely grated and drained)
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1T Lemon juice
- 2T Fresh dill
- Salt & peper to taste
Whisk together the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon and dill. Season as desired with salt and pepper and chill before serving.
Bacon Beet Salad
- 4T Oil (olive recommended)
- 3T Red wine vinegar
- ½t Dijon mustard
- 1 Bunch of farm fresh spinach (washed and chopped as desired)
- 2 Large beets (cut into 1 inch cubes and roasted)
- 3 Slices of bacon (cooked and chopped as desired)
- 3 scallions (optional)
- Blue cheese (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar and your mustard. Pour over spinach and let stand while you combine the rest of the ingredients into another bowl. To serve lay a bed of dressed spinach onto a plate and top with a scoop of your second mixture.
*This salad is also delicious topped with hard boiled eggs.