Roasted Sweet Pepper Hummus
- 2C Cooked chickpeas
- 1 Farm fresh sweet pepper
- 3 Cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 Farm fresh onion (chopped)
- 1/4C Tahini
- 2 T Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4C Olive oil
- Spices of choice (salt, pepper and paprika recommended)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place pepper cut side up on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and chopped garlic. Roast for 35 minutes or until flesh is tender and skin is blistered in spots.
Combine the chickpeas, garlic, roasted pepper, lemon juice, tahini, and spices into a food processor. Wiz until the mixture just comes together. With the processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil until incorporated.
Serve with fresh CSA veggies such as kohlrabi, cucumbers, snap beans or radishes.
*This recipe also makes a fantastic salad dressing.
- 1 Bunch farm fresh radishes
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Clove of garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 C Vinegar of choice
- 1/4 C Sugar
- Spices of choice (cumin, coriander and mustard seed recommended)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Wiz radishes in the food processor with the onion as well as the garlic until finely chopped. In a large pot, combine vinegar, sugar, salt and other desired spices such as those suggested above. Let come to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add radish mixture and bring back to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.