Bacon Wrapped Beans
- 8 Slices of bacon
- 6 T Unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 Bag farm fresh beans (trimmed and blanched)
- Light brown sugar
- Spices of choice (salt, pepper, and garlic recommended)
Preheat an oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cook the bacon in batches until the slices are just beginning to brown along the edges but are still very underdone and pliable (4-6 minutes). Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then cut each slice in half crosswise.
Divide the green beans into 16 equal portions, about 6 beans each. Gather each portion into a neat bunch and wrap a half slice of bacon around the center to hold the beans together. Place the bundles on the prepared baking sheet with the loose ends of the bacon underneath. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the bundles and drizzle with butter as well as your desired spices.
Roast until the bacon is cooked through and browned (20-25 minutes) and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- 1-2 Farm fresh eggplants
- 1 Sweet pepper
- 2-3 Summer squash
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Onion
- 2 C Chopped tomatoes (or one 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes)
- 3 T Olive oil
- 1 T Lemon juice
- Spices of choice (oregano and red pepper flakes recommended)
- Salt & pepper to taste