Fresh Bean Salad
- 1 Clove fresh garlic (minced)
- 3 T Fresh lemon juice
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/4 C Chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional–shallots or sweet onion
- Bag of farm fresh beans
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add beans. Cook until softened but still firm (about 4 minutes) and dump beans in a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and shake off excess water.
In a medium bowl thoroughly mix olive oil, lemon juice and desired seasonings together. Stir in green beans, shallots, olive oil, as well as parsley and mix well.
Chill at least an hour before serving.
Simple Asian Green Salad
- One or more of the following greens: bok choy, tatsoi, mizuna, pea shoots, spinach
- ¼ C Vinegar of choice–rice recommend
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 t Sugar
- 2 t Grated ginger
- 1 t Toasted sesame seed oil
- Optional–sesame seeds
Wash and place greens in a bowl before setting aside. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Toss the dressing with the lettuce and serve.