Apple Stuffed Blue Squash
- 1 Farm fresh blue squash (cleaned out and cut in half)
- 4 – 5 Apples (chopped)
- 1C Nut of choice (chopped almonds or walnuts recommended)
- 3/4C Maple syrup
- 1/2C Butter (melted)
Place squash halves on a rimmed baking sheet and pour about a 1/2 inch water to the pan. In a bowl mix together the apples, nuts, maple syrup as well as all but 2 Tablespoons of butter and fill the center cavity of squash with this mixture. Use remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to brush surfaces of squash. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until the squash is tender.
Sunchoke Potato Soup
- 1lb Farm fresh jerusalem artichokes (cut into large chunks)
- 2lbs Farm fresh potatoes (chopped into chunks)
- 6 Cloves of garlic (peeled & crushed)
- 4T Olive oil
- 1 Large onion (diced)
- Squeeze of lemon
- 6 cups water or stock of choice (vegetable recommended)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Add the oil to a deep soup pot and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the potatoes, jerusalem artichokes, lemon, water/stock, garlic cloves, and salt & pepper. Bring to a boil and immediately turn down to simmer. Cover with a lid and cook 45 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender. Stir occasionally throughout the process. Adjust for salt, let cool a bit before pureeing with an immersions blender or blender.
Serve hot with crusty bread.