- 5-6 Apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2C Apple juice or cider
- 2T Lemon juice
- 1T Butter
- 1/4C Brown sugar (packed)
- Spices of choice (such as cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, allspice)
In a large pot combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat for about 25 minutes. Then pour your mixture into a food processor or blender and wiz until smooth.
- 3-4 Beets (steamed or roasted until tender)
- 2C Cooked chickpeas (or one 15 oz can)
- 2 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1T Lemon juice
- 2 T tahini
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Spices of choice (salt and pepper recommended)
Pour chickpeas, lemon juice, minced garlic, tahini, spices, olive oil and cooled beets. Wiz until desired texture is reached and serve.